Which age groups can attend kids services?
We are holding services for all three of our NC Kids groups (Elementary, Pre K- K and Nursery). Due to capacity restrictions we are limited on the number of children we can allow into each area.
How many children and leaders will be in each area?
To keep in regulation of social distancing, we will be limited on how many children we can have in each room. We will update the classroom numbers on all of our social media platforms.
• 30 Elementary aged children in our NC Kids Elementary Chapel with 6 leaders
• 20 Pre K-K aged children in our NC Kids Jr. Chapel with 6 leaders
• 8 toddlers in both separated rooms for our 2’s years old and 3’s years old with 2 leaders.
• 8 babies will be separated between our 2 nursery rooms with 2 leaders in each room
Will masks be mandatory?
No, however our leaders and kids are welcome to wear a mask, if desired.
What will service for kids look like?
After children are dropped off into their auditorium or classrooms, they will watch the pre-recorded service, have small group discussions, play a non-contact game, and complete a craft or coloring page. Each child will have their hands sanitized in between services. Children will be given an individual set of crayons or supplies to prevent sharing and touching the same items. The entire service will be spent in the same area; there will be no mingling with children from other classrooms.
Will all my children be able to go to kid service?
Because we are limited in the number of children we can accept into each area, we cannot guarantee there will be a spot for each individual child in their individual area. Families will be able to “RSVP” their child’s seat for their classroom through our website, ncentral.org.
You must pre-register your child for each service, you plan on attending.
If you do not see your child\’s class listed, that class has reached capacity.
In the event that we cannot admit all of your children into their assigned area they will be asked to join you in the main auditorium for service.
What safety and cleaning measures are being taken?
• All areas and classrooms will be sanitized before service on Sunday morning and in-between services. All kids must be picked up at the end of each service, so the classrooms can be sanitized.
• Between services all toys that were utilized will be sanitized or removed and replaced with a clean batch of toys.
• Children’s hands will be sanitized as they enter the classroom and in between activities.
• Each classroom or group of children will take a trip to the restroom at different times to prevent mingling between groups. After the group is done using the facilities, the restrooms will be sanitized before the next classroom uses them. As always children will be instructed to wash hands after using the restroom and then hands will be sanitized upon reentering their room.
Will the kids’ area be locked during service?
We will continue to practice our same security measures of locking doors during service to create a safe and secure environment.
What time should I arrive?
Front doors to the church will open at 8:45am for the 9:00am service and 11:00am for the 11:15am service. Because capacity is limited, we recommend arriving early for a better opportunity to have children attend the kids service.
Due to the limited seating, we ask that all pre-registered children pick their check in tags on time. After 15 minutes, any seat that is not filled, will become available for another family.
How do I check in my child?
• We will greet families as they line up, and if a family did not reserve a spot for their child we will confirm if we have space still available in our classrooms for your children.
• Families will then head down to the NC Kids check-in lobby where all parties of a family will have their temperatures taken with a non-touch thermometer. If anyone has a fever of 100°F or higher you will all be asked to watch service from home for the day.
• After screening, the children will be checked in and given their name tag for the day and instructed on which room to go to.
• Parents will escort their children directly to the classroom doors.
How do I pick up my child?
When picking up children, you must show up your child’s pick-up tag to a member of our security team or one of our registration team members. If you have misplaced your pick-up tag, you will have to go to the NC Kids Check-In Desk to get a new tag printed, no one will be allowed to pick up any child without a pick-up tag.
For safety and liability reason, no child will be released to anyone under the age of 16.
We will have NC Kids leaders at both our elementary and preschool entrances to assist parents.
• Babies will be picked up at our Nursery window.
• Toddler age children will be picked up in the classrooms.
• Pre K-K age children will be picked up in the NC Kids Jr. Chapel.
• Elementary age children will be picked up in the Elementary Chapel.
What if a child starts to show signs or symptoms of being sick?
We will follow our normal protocols with sick children. They will be removed from their classroom and placed in a specially dedicated room until their parents are notified and arrive to pick them up.
Can my child bring any personal items with them like a water bottle, notebook, etc.?
Children in the nursery rooms (2 years old and younger) can have their normal necessities such as bottles, diaper bags, etc., but we ask that all other children leave their personal items such as toys, water bottles, stuffed animals, etc. at home.
Does my child have to go into the NC Kids services?
No, children are welcome to attend service in the main auditorium with their families.
Will snacks be provided during service?
We will feed infants their own personal bottles and snacks as needed and there will be individually wrapped snacks provided for NC Kids Jr.
Will the Nursing Mother’s Room be open?
Yes, the room will be open.